Office Of The Comptroller Of The Currency To Hold Innovation Office Hours In New York
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) announced its Office of Innovation will host Office Hours for national banks, federal savings associations, and financial technology companies (fintech companies), July 24-26, at the OCC’s district office in New York City.
Office Hours provide an opportunity for meetings with OCC officials to discuss financial technology, new products or services, partnering with a bank or fintech company, or other matters related to financial innovation. OCC staff will provide feedback and respond to questions. Each meeting will be no longer than one hour.
Interested parties may request an Office Hours session through July 5, and are asked to provide information on why they are interested in meeting with the OCC. Specific meeting times and arrangements will be determined after the OCC receives and accepts the request.
The OCC anticipates holding Office Hours in other cities at a later date.
In October 2016, the OCC created its Office of Innovation to serve as the conduit for banks, fintech companies, and other stakeholders to have a candid and open dialogue with the agency on innovation and to provide technical assistance. The Office of Innovation implements the OCC’s responsible innovation framework, which includes
- establishing an outreach and technical assistance program,
- conducting awareness and training activities,
- encouraging coordination and facilitation,
- establishing an innovation research function, and
- promoting interagency collaboration.
- OCC’s Innovation Home Page
- OCC Issues Responsible Innovation Framework
- Recommendations and Decisions for Implementing a Responsible Innovation Framework (PDF)